In this section
Analogue design techniques for S/N (SNR) and immunity to EMI
Provides 3 hours towards CPD
This module is designed to help engineers understand that Good Electromagnetic (EM) Engineering involves:
-cost-effective SI, PI and EMC engineering that is well-proven to save time & money in all lifecycle stages, helping to increase profits & reduce financial risks…
– PCBs, modules, sub-assemblies, devices, products, equipment, vehicles, subsystems, systems, installations, etc., etc.; of any size, in all applications
The Module contains many EM Engineering guidelines that should also be used as an initial design checklist that canidentify a project risk!
It will help to adapt any Lambda based design guidelines to different EMC standards
Module is 192 slides
• Introduction: S/N, SNR and immunity to EMI
• System design techniques
• Circuit design techniques
• Using a ‘solid’ 0V plane
• Using circuit segregation
• Improving linear bandwidth and stability
• Improving recovery from saturation and clipping
• Suppression of noise entering via the input(s)
• Suppression of noise entering via the power rail(s)
• Suppression of noise entering via the output(s)
• Cabling and shielding techniques for noise suppression
• Hysteresis is needed for all comparators
Get more from EMC Standards
EMC Standards is a world-leading resource for all things EMC and EMI related. Our website is packed full of both free and paid-for content, including:
- Online quiz
- Training quiz
- And much more!
Electromagnetic Engineering (EMgineering) is the basis for proven good design practices for signal integrity (SI), power integrity (PI), and the control of EMI emissions and immunity (EMC).
Our aim is to help people learn how to more quickly and cost-effectively design and manufacture electronic equipment (products, systems, installations, etc.) to meet functional (i.e. SI/PI) specifications and conform to EMC standards, directives and other requirements.
Such equipment should benefit from reduced warranty costs and financial risks, whilst improving uptime, competitiveness and profitability.
We also cover basic good electrical safety engineering; and the Risk Management of Electromagnetic Disturbances / EMI, whether for Functional Safety or other types of risk.Join EMC standards TODAY!