In this section
EMC Design for Switching Power Converters
Provides 6 hours towards CPD
Included with Subscription.Details
This module is designed to help electronic designers of products involved with DC/DC, DC/AC, AC/DC and AC/AC from milliwatts to Megawatts in all applications, including cellphones, computers, hybrid & electric vehicles, renewable (solar, wind, tidal, etc.), etc.
Module is 376 slides over 188 pages
- Very brief introduction to EMI and EMC
- Applications of switch-mode power conversion
- EMC design of switchers and choppers
- EMC design of high-frequency isolating transformers
- EMC design of output rectifiers
- Suppressing RF emissions from converter inputs and outputs
- Insulated Neutral, “floating”, mains power systems
- Miscellaneous switcher design issues
- Mains rectifiers – Power Factor Correction (PFC)
- Suppressing emissions of mains harmonic currents
- Suppressing emissions of voltage fluctuations and flicker
- Some useful references and further reading
Get more from EMC Standards
EMC Standards is a world-leading resource for all things EMC and EMI related. Our website is packed full of both free and paid-for content, including:
- Online quiz
- Training quiz
- And much more!
Electromagnetic Engineering (EMgineering) is the basis for proven good design practices for signal integrity (SI), power integrity (PI), and the control of EMI emissions and immunity (EMC).
Our aim is to help people learn how to more quickly and cost-effectively design and manufacture electronic equipment (products, systems, installations, etc.) to meet functional (i.e. SI/PI) specifications and conform to EMC standards, directives and other requirements.
Such equipment should benefit from reduced warranty costs and financial risks, whilst improving uptime, competitiveness and profitability.
We also cover basic good electrical safety engineering; and the Risk Management of Electromagnetic Disturbances / EMI, whether for Functional Safety or other types of risk.Join EMC standards TODAY!