In this section
EMC Design of Switch-Mode Power Converters (1-day course)
Switch-mode power conversion is an extremely noisy technology, and it is very difficult and costlyindeed to suppress its emissions for compliance (and happy customers) unless good EMC designtechniques are used from the start.
This course covers EMC design techniques to control emissions from all types of switch-modepower converter, at all power levels (from under 1W to over 10MW), from circuit design and PCBlayout to packaging and installation, including:
- DC and AC motor drives for hybrid and electric vehicles
- DC and AC motor drives for domestic appliances, commercial and industrial sites,including steppers and servos
- AC power generation from renewable energy sources (e.g. PV, wind, water, tidal, etc.)and batteries.
- Mains powered AC-DC power supplies and isolating DC-DC converters
- Non-isolating DC-DC converters
- Class D audio power amplifiers
- All types of switch-mode conversion, including AC-DC, DC-DC, DC-AC, AC-AC
- EMC design techniques for circuits, PCBs, mechanical packaging, systems andinstallations, for converters of less than 1W to greater than 10MW
Get more from EMC Standards
EMC Standards is a world-leading resource for all things EMC and EMI related. Our website is packed full of both free and paid-for content, including:
- Online quiz
- Training quiz
- And much more!
Electromagnetic Engineering (EMgineering) is the basis for proven good design practices for signal integrity (SI), power integrity (PI), and the control of EMI emissions and immunity (EMC).
Our aim is to help people learn how to more quickly and cost-effectively design and manufacture electronic equipment (products, systems, installations, etc.) to meet functional (i.e. SI/PI) specifications and conform to EMC standards, directives and other requirements.
Such equipment should benefit from reduced warranty costs and financial risks, whilst improving uptime, competitiveness and profitability.
We also cover basic good electrical safety engineering; and the Risk Management of Electromagnetic Disturbances / EMI, whether for Functional Safety or other types of risk.Join EMC standards TODAY!